The responsibility of caring for elderly persons and persons with disabilities is often given to their relatives. The United States government provides financial assistance through Medicaid, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to some extent, but it is rarely sufficient to meet all of the needs of the disabled person. The attorneys at Morris Law Group can assist you in setting up a Special Needs Trust for your loved one with special needs.
Advantages of a Special Needs Trust
Special Needs Trusts may be created with the proceeds from a judgment or settlement or by a loved one with concerns for a beneficiary in need. Special Needs Trusts have many benefits, including:
- Preserving eligibility for government benefits
- Providing funds to pay for “extras” (e.g., homes, automobiles, and prescription drugs)
- Protecting a case settlement from being immediately depleted due to the high cost of health care
- Keeping assets within the family
- Giving family members much needed peace of mind by providing funds to care for their loved ones who may not be able to care for themselves
Morris Law Group Can Establish Your Special Needs Trust
Our attorneys work closely with you to build unique Special Needs Trusts to fulfill your goals. We want you and your family to be at ease knowing that your loved one with special needs is well taken care of. For more information, please contact us today.