Who gets a copy of a will after a testator dies?
Estate attorneys determine who is entitled to receive a copy of the Will, independent of any state law.
Here’s a list of people who may receive a copy of a Will:
- Heirs at Law and/or Prior Beneficiaries
- Personal Representative Named in the Will
- Beneficiaries Named in the Will
- Successor Trustee of the Testator's Revocable Living Trust
- Accountant for the Estate
- Remember: Wills Are Public Record
- IRS and/or State Taxing Authority
The Last Will and Testament is not required by law to be read out loud to anyone.