Jason P. Jones, Esq., LL.M. is an Associate Attorney at Morris Law Group. Mr. Jones concentrates his practice in the areas of international taxation, trusts, and estate planning. He advises U.S. and international individuals, families, businesspersons, and investors in U.S. and international tax and estate planning matters, including pre-immigration planning and U.S. real estate and portfolio investment planning, structuring and implementation. He advises U.S. and international clients regarding wills and trusts and has extensive experience in forming and overseeing complex international trust structures. In addition, he advises clients on U.S. fiscal information reporting, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Common Reporting Standard (CRS), and withholding tax compliance.
Mr. Jones is fluent in Spanish and available to consult with our Spanish-speaking clients in our offices or via telephone or video conferencing. Mr. Jones also is a writer for and contributor to Morris Law Group’s newsletter, blog and YouTube video channel.
Originally from Virginia, Mr. Jones received his Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va., his Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School in New Orleans, La., and his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in Gainesville, Fla. He was admitted to The Florida Bar in 2013 and is a member of The Florida Bar Tax Section.
Prior to joining Morris Law Group, Mr. Jones worked as an Associate Attorney in the Miami offices of several prestigious international law firms, concentrating in the areas of cross-border tax and estate planning. He worked extensively with clients in both the United States and Latin America. When not at work, Mr. Jones enjoys stand-up paddle boarding and CrossFit. He previously was a member of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America organization, where he mentored at-risk young people.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- U.S. and International Taxation
- Wills and Trusts
- Pre-Immigration Planning
- U.S. Real Estate and Portfolio Investment Planning, Structuring and Implementation
- U.S. Fiscal Information Reporting
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Withholding Tax Compliance
- University of Virginia - B.S. in History
- Tulane University Law School - J.D.
- The University of Florida Levin College of Law - LL.M. in Taxation
- Admitted to The Florida Bar in 2013
- Member of The Florida Bar Tax Section
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America